Socially and Environmentally Responsible
We believe that any successful business should help those less fortunate and we do just this through the eOcambo Foundation. The founders and staff are very passionate about helping Cambodians break the poverty cycle and the eOcambo Foundation was begun with that in mind. The Foundation receives 5% of profits to support various community projects and NGOs, improve school facilities, donate items needed by school children and we facilitate projects run by our guests.
eOcambo Volunteer Programs
eOcambo Volunteer Programs was created to connect the needs of the community in Siem Reap with international visitors who wish to help the people of Cambodia. Our programs as designed to improve Cambodians living conditions, education, health and provide aid in other areas that developed countries take for granted. We assist people or groups who wish to volunteer, as well as NGO’s and other project co-coordinators by acting as the link to support both parties on the ground in Siem Reap. If you have a beneficial project to run in the Siem Reap area, we can facilitate your organisation in country.
The eOcambo Hospitality Group takes social responsibility seriously and we provide employment for young, inexperienced students and support them in furthering their education into University. We provide flexible working arrangements when our staff have University exams and assignments due. We also provide in-house training in hospitality, life skills and have English lessons twice a week for all staff. We support local artists by employing them to paint the murals in the eOcambo Village Guest Rooms.
Respect for the Environment
eOcambo Hospitality Group aspires to lower the impact of tourism and our Hotels on the environment. We are always looking for better ways to do business with a low carbon footprint and we have these measures in place now:
- We have Saltwater pools to reduce chemical usage and environmental contamination
- Single-use plastic and styrofoam being phased out
- Towel, linen and water policy in place
- Bicycles available for hire
- Glass bottles instead of plastic in rooms, and free water refill stations for guests
- Reuse of printed paper for scratch paper
- Used cardboard, aluminum cans, glass and plastic bottles recycled
- Food scraps go to feed to farm animals
- Focus on locally-sourced food
- All lights being converted to low-energy LED lights as they need replacing
- Use of local suppliers including tailors, laundry, and drinks to reduce fuel consumption, carbon footprint and benefit the local community
- Use of eco-friendly local suppliers where possible
- Replaced all individual plastic-wrapped soap-bars in the rooms with refillable soap dispensers to reduce plastic waste and landfill
- We minimize our carbon footprint by striving to source everything needed in the hotel locally, which has the added benefit of indirect employment for the locals.
- Eco-friendly mosquito traps.
- We do not kill lizards as they are great eco-friendly pest exterminators, we will attempt to catch and relocate them
- Relocation of any wildlife found in our gardens to a more suitable habitat